Reservations of accommodation accepted at privately
owned caravans and
lodges on this website
are subject to the following terms and Conditions of Hire.
1. Contract :all bookings will form a contract between the Hirer and the caravan owners. The accommodation is let for holiday purposes within the meaning paragraph 9 of the First Schedule to the Housing Act 1988, and there is no right of occupancy beyond the stated and agreed period. All bookings are subject to final confirmation by the caravan owner.
2. Rental: Bookings for persons or groups under 21 years of age cannot be accepted. No hen or stag parties permitted (this is a condition for booking a caravan on the the Quay West, Haven Holiday Park.)
3. Bookings / Deposits / Payments : Upon receipt of your booking form by email or telephone message, a caravan can be provisionally booked. This will be held for a period of 24 hours only.
Deposits are accepted by card online via the PayPal / credit card payment system or by posted cheque by arrangement. Deposit payments are non refundable. Balance payments are made to owners 6 weeks before the holidays or as soon as possible if a booking is made within 6 weeks of the holiday, by BACS online bank transfer or by cheque. Any late booking / payment by cheque must be made at least 14 working days before occupancy otherwise BACS payment must be made by arrangement. Bank or card payments from abroad will be subject to a 4% surcharge to cover currency conversion charges if applicable.
Security deposits - Some owners require a refundable security/cleaning deposit - this will be noted on the property details and is paid directly to the owner with the balance of payment., and is refunded by the owner at the end of the stay if there is no damage or extra cleaning required.
4. Damage / Extra cleaning: All bookings are accepted on the
condition that the Caravan is left in the same state of repair, order and
cleanliness both inside and outside as at the start of the holiday, should
you not have time to leave the caravan as you found it, there will be an
additional charge of £30. It is agreed that the person who made the booking
will pay for breakage and / or damage and extra cleaning over and above the
standard cleaning, if so required. All breakages should be reported to the
owners and payment made by arrangement to the owners. Minor damage should be
noted in writing at the termination of the stay.
5. Sleeping Capacity: The maximum number of people allowed is clearly stated on the particulars and extra persons cannot be accommodated under any circumstances.
6. Availability: The Hiring Contract is made on the understanding that the Caravan and its facilities as published on the internet will be available for the dates stated. In the unlikely event that the Caravan is not available through events arising out of the control of the agents or owners, then a booking may be cancelled. All efforts will be made to provide a suitable replacement, but this is not always possible. Cancellation insurance is advised.
Sale of a Caravan: In the rare event that an owner sells a caravan or lodge after bookings have been taken, or that caravan or lodge is re-possessed, then owners will be responsible for refunding any payments already made. It is strongly recommended that hirers have adequate holiday insurance to cover any such eventuality.
7. Occupation times: Tenancies commence after 4 pm (unless otherwise agreed), on the commencement date of the tenancy and terminate at 10.00 am on the leaving date. This is to ensure that the Caravan can be properly prepared for the subsequent guests.
8. Access to Caravan: The Caravan Owner or his/her agents shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
9. Pets. If a dog or dogs are permitted, this will be clearly stated in the particulars for the caravan booked. Bringing a dog or dogs to a caravan that does not accept pets would constitute a breach of contract (see: paragraph 17). Pets should have their own bedding and must not be allowed on the furniture or in bedrooms. Dogs should not be left unattended in a caravan or on a deck under any circumstances.
10. Linen: If bed linen is supplied, this will be clearly stated in the particulars for the caravan booked. Duvets and pillows are provided in every caravan.
11. Statutory regulations: The owners of each caravan will be responsible for complying with all applicable Statutory Regulations and Discrimination Acts affecting customers, the caravan, and its equipment,
12. Smoking: Smoking is not allowed inside any Caravan. If guests wish to smoke on the deck or in the garden area, then they should not leave cigarette litter on the premises. Smoking inside a caravan constitutes a breach of contract (see: paragraph 17).
13. Special Needs: If the Hirer has special requests or needs, the Hirer is responsible for advising West Wales Caravans at the time of booking, although West Wales Caravans cannot guarantee that any requests will be met. Failure to meet special requests will not be a breach of contract. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the Caravan is completely suitable for your needs. Please note that if a particular requirement is not specified on the Website then it is not provided.
14. Barbecue: The use of a barbecue on a timber or plastic deck is not permitted unless the owner of the caravan provides a gas barbecue for the use of the Hirer.
15. Cancellation by guests more than 8 weeks before the holiday: Any deposit of £50 is not refundable, but can subsequently be used as a deposit for a future holiday at the same caravan booked with West Wales Caravans and booked within 6 months from the date of cancellation.
If the deposit is greater than £50, then a £50 cancellation fee will apply, and the balance of the deposit will be returned.
Cancellation by guests within 8 weeks of a holiday: If cancellation occurs for any reason within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday, the Hirer should advise West Wales Caravans immediately by telephone or e-mail followed by a confirmatory letter. Upon receipt of such letter (but without any obligation to the hirer) West Wales Caravans will attempt to obtain a replacement letting, and if such a letting is obtained, then the owner will refund to the Hirer any monies paid less the deposit - which can subsequently be used for a future booking at the same caravan. If West Wales Caravans are unable to re-let, then the owners of the caravan shall be entitled to retain all balance payments already made. We advise Hirers to arrange cancellation and holiday insurance with the insurer of their choice to cover any eventuality.
Non payment of balance: In the event of a balance of rental payments not being made by the due date, and when the Hirer makes no request for additional payment time, the holiday dates will be re-advertised, no refund will be given. We advise hirers to arrange cancellation and holiday insurance with the insurer of their choice to cover any eventuality.
16: External factors: West Wales Caravans and the caravan owners have no control over, and cannot be held liable for external factors that could possibly affect a Holiday such as sever or unexpected weather, local traffic, local events, neighbours, children playing, electricity, gas and water supply and the vagaries of television, broadband and mobile phone reception, or any financial losses incurred as a result of external factors.
17. Breach of contract: If there is a material breach of any of these conditions by the Hirer or any of their party, the Owners or agents reserve the right to re-enter the Caravan, and / or end the letting and require the Hirer and their party to leave immediately without refund.
18.Complaints: Every effort has been made to ensure that Hirers have an enjoyable holiday. If however, the Hirer has any cause for complaint, then they must contact the caravan owner immediately any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. The caravan owners cannot subsequently consider any complaints or enter into any correspondence about a complaint unless this procedure has been followed.
19. Data protection and Privacy: Information provided on Booking Forms will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to a third party or used for any other purpose.
20. Cleaning and maintenance of the Caravan - West Wales Caravans act only as booking agents and have no responsibility for the cleaning and maintenance of each Caravan. This is entirely the responsibility of the owners and all questions regarding cleaning and maintenance should be addressed to them.
21. Liability: West Wales Caravans acts as agent for the caravan owners and cannot accept any liability for any shortcomings or defects within, outside, with the contents, or other facilities ancillary to the caravan. Further West Wales Caravans cannot accept any liability for any act, or omission by the owners or anyone acting on their behalf. West Wales Caravans do not have any liability for loss or damage arising from the owners breach of contract, negligence or misrepresentation. The Hirers contract is directly with the owner (see paragraph 1)
22. Entertainment /Activities passes - Prices shown are
for accommodation in the caravan only and do not include optional charges for
other park facilities. Passes can be obtained from the Quay West office
following arrival - prices will vary according to dates of holiday.
Note: West Wales Caravans relies on information submitted to us by the holiday Caravan owners and we publish it in good faith. Visitors should be aware that the information may be incomplete, inaccurate or may have become out of date. Information given is for guidance only and should not be relied upon. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. All the information published is reviewed and approved by the holiday Caravan owner prior to publishing. In the unlikely case that you find there has been an inaccurate description of a Caravan then please contact West Wales Caravans and we will amend it.